I know my blogging has been sporadic lately (VERY sporadic), but the Christmas Season seemed like a good time to get back online and share some gift giving ideas for bourbon and bar lovers alike. Keep an eye out for Black Friday sales at your favorite local liquor and beverage store!
Naturally, as someone who works in packaging, my bourbon choices for this year’s gift guide include bourbon bottles with good packaging. I also made sure to include some splurges and some steals (Santa Hint: Airplane bottles are ALWAYS a great steal for stockings).
- Larceny is a favorite that we keep stocked on our bar. The price point is great at under $30. Every bourbon fan needs a bottle.
- Blade and Bow was a favorite from our recent trip to the Bourbon Trail. The packaging can’t be beat either – perfect for a Christmas gift.
- If you can get your hands on a bottle of Stagg Jr., you will make a bourbon lover’s Christmas! If you can get your hands on two bottles – send me one! In all seriousness, finding a bottle of Stagg Jr. generally requires making good friends at your favorite liquor store (or if you live in a regulated state, visiting stores often). In Virginia, a bottle goes for about $53, if you can find one. The bourbon is some of the best, and the bottle is so perfect for Christmas.
- I have my eye on this “Mint Condition” bow tie from A Taste of Kentucky’s website. Perfect for a Kentucky Derby!
- No bar can have too many fun glasses to sip bourbon out of. I have the Dorset Crystal Double Old-Fashioned Glasses from Williams-Sonoma and really like them.
- Porch Parties is one of Lynn’s favorite cocktail books for entertaining. Lots of great drink and appetizer recipes. We should all throw more impromptu porch parties these days!
If you’re looking for more ideas, check out past gift guides here, here, and here.